Oct 28, 2010

Welcome to my Paradise! Day 2 til Day 4

So okay..Day 2 in Bali.

After a good night sleep (ooohhh!!!after 6 months!!but my body clock kept waking me up at 4am and 6am - CKD's feeding time!) and yummy breakfast at the hotel (sorry..no piccas of breakfast buffet..too hungry to bother!) we got our fave (our only actually) supir - Pak Eddie to take us around Bali at 9am.
Macet!
Our first stop for the day was at Sukawati Market. If you ever go to Bali, Sukawati Market is the place to go because all the things you see them selling at the shops near the beaches, you can find all of them here at the fraction of the price (after rigorous bargaining of course!). Much of the damages to my wallet were made here. I bought 2 pairs of slippers, 7pcs of dresses for CKD, 3 jumpsuits and a dress for moi, 4tops for my mom & MIL, 2 sets of mengkuang bags (6 bags!), 3pairs of kids shorts made from indonesian batik, 2 pair of shorts for suami and 1 for me and suami bought a wooden hand-carved chess set and a ciggie box (for Hasno) all around Rp800,000 (approx RM280)...heh! Bargain much??? Umar bought 2 HUGE paintings for about Rp300,000..and Tariq did some damages too (but he actually managed to get lower prices than we did!!!)

Sukawati Market - you can also buy other art crafts & paintings here.
 We came in early because they were just opening their stalls at the market. It's VERY congested in the market so I was feeling a bit claustrophobic for a while, and all those incense they were burning (a constant smell in Bali..they burn it everywhere!) caused suami's sinuses to act up. So we took a short break and had some Bakso & teh botol by the roadside! YUMMY!!!
brunch! Bakso & teh botol
food stall beside Sukawati Market. Halal food.
 After the damages done at Sukawati Market, Pak Eddie took us to this place to have lunch. Sorry I can't provide you further details as where and WHAT this restaurant name is coz there was no signage whatsoever. Suami merely mentioned to pak Eddie that he wanted to eat Bebek Goreng (fried duck) and he took us to this beautiful place with delicious food!! At first I thought it was someone's house due to the lack of signage, but it was a really nice open air restaurant somewhere in Sanur area.

small pondoks as the seating area
the ever famous indonesian jus alpukat - Avocado & Chocolate juice. Tastes like soursop to me. Pak Eddie said it's good to help reduce high blood-pressure.


my lunch - bbq fish, with vege, soup, sambal & rice - Rp 17,000!!!and it was REALLY yumms!!

suami doing his Ong Bak pose at the entrance to the restaurant.
 After that we stopped by Pasar Oleh-oleh Bali in Denpasar to get some more crafts. The place is like a big warehouse selling crafts, aromatherapy oil-soap-salt sets, and more. Tariq found a nice Rose aromatherapy set that he bought for his wedding hantaran here. I found some nice mengkuang coin purses I bought for my officemates and suami got his fridge magnets. The stuffs sold here are at a fixed price so no bargaining done, but it's not so expensive either. However, the choices are quite limited. I personally feel the Geneva Wholesaler warehouse in Denpasar (kot..) has better choices although the price are quite the same.

It was also here that I won an RM10 bet with Umar..heheh!! There was this HUGE metal dick (yes..that part of the male anatomy) outside of the store and Umar said "If you take a picture hugging the dick..I'll pay you RM10" hahahah! I'm not posting the pic here (it's on my fb tho..) coz posting it up my blog was not part of the deal!hahaha!

Next stop was at Discovery Mall at Kuta which is your typical shopping mall. We went there coz I wanted to look for some Project Pop CD. CDs are soooo cheap in Indonesia, especially if it's their local artistes! Sadly I didn't find any, but instead I got Glenn Fredly's album (forgot the name) and Tevin Campbell's (yeah!ol'skool!!) album for Rp25,000 each!

outside Discovery mall. They were already posing towards me until a little boy wanted to inter-frame but changed his mind on the last minute. Hence the guys laughing and looking right towards the little boy. I think the picture turned out better than i intended it to be.
<3 this pic of suami & i
After that we headed back to the hotel. It was about 5.30pm but it gets darker earlier in Bali so we thought it was almost 7pm or something.

We got back, rested for a bit and then thought of having dinner at the same Nasi Padang shop we discovered the day before. But it started to rain so we just had dinner at the hotel. We were planning to go to Hard Rock Hotel that night to check out a friend of mine performing at Centrestage, HRHBali.

Widya and her new band - Sterling Band was rocking Centrestage that night. Glad the guys enjoyed the band and was nice catching up with Widya too. She was one of the original T-Rex Band members, but decided not to tour anymore. So I didn't see her the last time T-Rex was in town.


Rock-on!

Widya rocking the stage with the band

Even Widya commented that I'm bigger now..sigh..takpe! I have a plan underway!!


The boys shooting some pool..

Cool poster by the toilet..:P

Sheila on 7
We did do more cam-whoring after the show but it's in Tariq's camera coz I ran out of battery for my camera.

Day 3 we all decided to just stay-in and enjoy the beach and the hotel for a bit. The boys went surfing..AT NOON..with NO SUNBLOCK! So padan muka suami who suffered massive sun burn afterwards!heh! I was nicely sleeping in the room and when the boys got back, they took it to the swimming pool pulak. So I sat by the pool and did some catching up on my reading (Lipstick Jungle by Candace Bushnell that has been collecting dust in my room for almost a year now!)

from far it looks like from a james bond movie
but the love handles..cannot tahan!!hhahahahaha!
Evening came and we were supposed to go to watch Kecak dance at Sanur. But dear Pak Eddie got stuck in traffic for 2 hours because of the ceremony in and around Kuta. So when he finally got to the hotel we said lets go for dinner. He took us to this local food court at Tiara Dewata Shopping Center in Denpasar. Food was so nyums I forgot to take pictures..heh! After dinner, suami wanted to get a motorcycle helmet for himself by the many helmet shops along the road. He found one full-faced helmet that has dual visor for Rp540,000 which is considered WAYYY cheaper than here in KL. But the helmet hunting experience was fun coz I got my ultimate fave pic throughout the entire trip..

Priceless!
 On the way back, we got stuck in traffic again in Legian street. But we didn't mind so much. There was a lot of interesting stuffs to see along the streets of Legian.

music was blaring so loudly from this club..vi ai pi..VIP yo!

The Legian Monument for the previous Bali bombing..ironic that it's right next to the vi ai pi club. you won't see me clubbing there fo'sure..

this dude was actually spinning on the back of a pick-up truck by the road in front of HRC Bali! damn cool!
Suami and I decided to call it a night after that. But the boys went out to Centrestage again afterwards but was disappointed by the band performing coz it was not Sterling. Sterling was performing at HRC that night.

Last day in Bali..Morning was spent packing all the stuffs bought. Had breakfast and chilled out for a while before checking out of the hotel at 12noon. Our flight was at 9.25pm so we had loadsa time to kill before heading to the airport. I still had a few stuffs I wanted to get for Matahari Mall at Kuta Square so the gang decided to rent out motorbikes to do our final exploring of Kuta before leaving.

Pening layan mat rempit 3 orang ni!hahahaha!
Mushroom heads exploring the streets of Kuta & Legian on motorbikes!
 As much as I had fun in Bali, I was more than glad to leave..Who wouldn't when you have this bundle of joy waiting for your back home!

was missing her all thru the trip!

I had loadsa fun in Bali and having suami and the boys made it even more fun..it was a much needed break for me, but I'm happy to be back. Wouldn't mind another similar trip, but maybe not anytime soon..perhaps next year..

4 comments:

  1. wahhh. so schewwwiittt pakai helmet tu! hahaahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh!helmet booolat!belasah aje pakai..mcm membantu je..hampeh!hahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you had tonnes of fun in Bali! How can one ever get tired of Bali kan?

    Hope to bump into you again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ninie, I did! I secretly think I'm addicted to Bali! Just found out tix are going crazy cheap for January..should i?hahah!

    Congrats on your (informal) engagement!!woohoo!talk about perfect proposal eh?

    Hope to see you around too dear!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...