Aug 10, 2010

Dating Lagi..Review: The Last Airbender & The Sorcerer's Apprentice

So okay..the past few weeks..both suami and I have been feeling really stressed out. And being new parents, it's harder for us to have some quality time together. So he decided last Saturday to take me out for a movie marathon and leave lil CKD at his parents house. The arrangement was perfect (then) since my in-laws haven't seen CKD for a while.

Suami bought the tickets in advance on Thursday and was so excited..The Last Airbender (3D) and The Sorcerer's Apprentice (although he was so sure he bought Salt instead of Sorcerer's Apprentice). I was okay with anything since it has been a while since we went to the movies together..

So Friday night, we went over his parents place for a sleepover cause suami said it's going to be too much of a hassle dropping off CKD Saturday morning then rushing off to the movies since the first movie was at 11.45am.

Come Saturday morning, got CKD ready, played a bit with her and briefed MIL's help on CKDs habits and antics. Then we were off to the movies. We arrived at The Gardens at about 11am so had some time to get some food. Suami ordered some thai kuey teow at the Food Garden which was actually quite yummy.

So okay...First movie was

The Last Airbender

Both suami and I love the animated version of the story. When I first heard that M.Night Shyamalan was directing the movie, I was quite skeptic and almost convinced that he was not going to do justice to the movie following his last movie that we saw - The Happenning - which was more like The Pening. But we saw the making of The Last Airbender on channel E and thought..it looked pretty interesting.

And yes it was..Although I think it was a waste to watch it in 3D, the movie was nice. It followed as close as it could to the animated version and am happy that the casts did the steps nicely. To me the fighting scenes were not epic enough, but since this is just the beginning (Book 1: Water) of the saga, I should expect the following 2 movies (Book 2: Earth & Book 3: Fire) to get better. They've got the characters, concept and special FX right..they're on the right track.

I recommend it..I give it 3.5/5

Next was The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Very the Harry Potter - young adults version. Typical, predictable but still fun. It didn't wowed me, neither did it make me fall asleep. But what I did like was when he played the One Republic song Secrets with his Tesla Coils..Now the song is stuck in my head. But it's a nice song..so I don't mind.

Really, I don't have much to say about this movie, but if you're looking for something to just de-stress..this is a decent choice.

I give it 3/5

By the time the second movie ended, suami was eager to get home..Mcm dia pulak yang nak kene feed CKD!hahah! But yeah..we appreciate the few hours off for ourselves, but we still missed our baby girl tremendously.

So when we got home, my SIL was telling us how CKD caused havoc in the house! *grin* She has a temper now. My mother is already an expert of her moods, so she doesn't really panic when CKD screams her lungs out..she knows that CKD is either hungry, sleepy or needs to be changed.

But my in-laws are not privileged enough to have CKD around them to know her moods..so when CKD started screaming..my MIL panicked, my FIL went to his room and slept, my SIL panicked too...*LOL* my MIL's help found it funny because when she was trying to soothe CKD, my MIL was so stressed and kept on asking "Keisha ok kaa?Cucu mak tok ni ok kaa?" over and over again to CKD..hehe..

All CKD wanted was just sleep..no doubt she would've preferred for me to B/feed her to sleep, but just lull her to sleep and dodoi her sambil menari would've done the trick..hehe..So when I got home, CKD was so happy to see me, the rest of the household said "Laaaaa! dengan mak dia ok je mcm takde pape jadi.."

Mestilah..dah mak dia..*wink*

Clever girl...

:P..So it was a win situation for me and suami, but I'm not so sure if my in-laws thought it a win or lose situation for having to babysit CKD..*grin*

*peah..berani tak nak babysit keisha?????*

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...