Apr 19, 2010

I Am In LABOR!

Seriously..I AM...

It is now 11.35pm on a sunday night. I am currently blogging using my much reliable phone on my labor bed. I am strapped to the CTG machine, to monitor my contractions and baby's heartbeat. The doctor just left a few minutes ago saying that I am now 3cm dilated. He's saying lets wait for things to take it normal course through the night. But if my contractions still doesn't get any stronger, he might induce me in the morning to make things go a bit faster..

Which means..insya allah by tomorrow i will be a mommy!

You must be wondering how in the world can i even THINK of updating my blog when I am in labor!! It is because, alhamdulillah, for now my contractions are not painful..YET! And i am bored..the nurse told me to try get some sleep coz who knows..the contractions might get more intense in a couple of hours that will prolly rob me of my comfort. But i can't sleep..hearing my baby's heartbeat on the CTG machine is making me too excited to sleep. So i blog...

Suami is in the waiting room..watching tv i guess coz it's not really comfortable for him to sit here in the labor room with me. He's too excited to stay put too so i sent him off to let off some steam..it might an eventful night for us tonight.

My contractions started this morning. I woke up having this really intense back ache together with a contraction. Then it was just the contractions throughout the morning without any pain. My FIL prolly has really strong instinct..he knows that i was having contractions every half an hour (give or take laa) and told suami to take me to the hospital there n then..but neither suami nor i wanted to go yet coz contractions was too far apart. Plus suami wanted to finish polishing the car..(boleh tak??)

So after suami was done polishing..we took a nap..at about 3pm i tried to monitor the contractions and it was about 25mins apart..give or take..monitored for about 2 hrs then felt a bit funny coz the baby was moving too much than normal. I remembered the doctor advising us if the baby moves too much or too little, get to the hospital..

By this time, suami was upstairs on the computer. I quickly showered and pestered suami to get ready. Tried to do things under the radar coz i didnt want my MIL to worry or panic. she doesn't take emergency situations too well..

So we got to the hospital at about 5.30pm. Thank god it was a sunday so there was not much if traffic..can you imagine if it was a working day??? Getting from gombak to bangsar would've been hell at that time of day! could tell that suami panicked a bit throughout the journey..honestly..i was on the verge of tears already coz the baby's movement wasn't 'normal' at home..

But just as we reached the hospital, baby gave me a kick and it's normal movements..i relaxed a bit.. Suami checked me in and the nurse strapped me on the CTG machine.. Alhamdulillah baby's heart was beating just fine.. And i was already 2cm dilated..

Guess FIL and my mom's instincts was really strong (my mom tried to call me at 3pm coz she 'tak sedap hati')..-moral of the story..trust your parents' instincts!!!!

So here i am a 5 hours since i checked inand has made 1cm progress..insya allah it will go quite fast (i hope!!) since this will be my second delivery.. i hope everything will go well for both baby and i..amin..

So that's it from the labor room! Insya allah next entry will be when the baby arrives!

Will keep you guys posted! Wish me and the baby well everyone!!!

5 comments:

  1. wahhh. nanti masa tgh teran pun updet blog tau! hahaha.

    goodluck! semoga semuanya berjalan dengan lancar Aminnn. nanti bgtau i ok darling!

    nasib baik dekat dgn umah i yeay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah im excited for you and tahniah coz berjaya hapdet blog while waiting your baby to arrives.haha.
    i dah ade ur twitter eventually maybe u tak aktif sgt. good luck babe & will pray for both of ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah!
    nanti time ko tgh teran kluar sume...
    update...
    update status facebook skali...
    n gombak ke bangsar...
    gunelah duke...
    =op

    ReplyDelete
  4. anak ko sangat comei wei!!!congrats, sha!!:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...