Sep 21, 2012

Back to work!

This month has been a month of many first days for me.
- CKD's first day of kindy
- my first day of classes (after almost a year break)

And my first day of work..

Different from how I felt when I was starting work in UniMAP, I didn't really feel nervous about starting at the new place. I guess maybe because its in the city, close by to suami's office and I do have some friends in the area. Also maybe I think I've finally reached the point where I don't really care what people think of me. Not here to impress anyone. I'm here to work..

Probably got my priorities right ;)

But alhamdulillah, it has been 4 days since I've started and I've settled in quite comfortably. I still don't have full access of my desk nor have my pc/laptop assigned to me..but I don't expect much use for it on my first week anyway.

Before I started here, I was advised to make sure my workwear were corporately smart. A bit of a challenge for me since my previous employments work attire did not really contribute to my wardrobe. I was either in a uniform or the attire was more casual rather than corporate :P So after CKD started kindy, I obsessed over my wardrobe trying to make what little that I have (and the minimal funds I had) to work. Even made a look book out of it! LOL!

So I was kinda disappointed when I came in for my first day to see that the people here didn't really look like those I see on tv (think devil wears prada and ugly betty's office scenes) Or maybe I've set the workwear standards a tad bit too high! Haha! But I must say that the girls in my department are dressed quite fashionably, so I'm not ENTIRELY disappointed :)

Another concern of mine before I started working was my lunch budget. Thinking that my office is smack in the middle of the city's Golden Triangle, lunch was gonna cost me both arms and legs! How silly of me! But I guess my concern wasn't really uncalled for because unless you've worked in the area, you wouldn't know of all the small stalls that mushrooms during morning rush hour and lunch time. Happy to say that RM10 per day is sufficient enough for breakfast AND lunch, with a wide variety and tasty too! :D

Have spent my first 4 days settling my documentations with the human resources and reading up on the company. Made fast friends with the girls here and so far, I don't have anything to complain about MY department ;) I see a lot of potential for me to learn and grow here. Yes, I'm very optimistic that I have a chance to make it..insya allah big..here.

Either that or I'm just getting old and finally acting my age. Like I said, got my priorities right ;)

Have a great weekend everyone! Mine won't begin til tomorrow evening because of classes. But that's another story for another day.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...